Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm baaaccckkk...

Not that anyone reads this after over a year hiatus, but oh well! Since we've made a huge milestone in our house, I figured I should start this back up. Time flies and well, it's going to start moving even faster because....


Colin started Kindergarten!!! He was a little excited:


When he woke up in the morning, he ran in my room and his first words were "Today is my favorite day because it's Kindergarten day!".

We got there a little early because I wanted to make sure he was all settled in. You know, in case he was nervous or something. Him... not me, I swear.

He found his room:

And then his cubby:And then finally his seat:


In the end, it was much, MUCH harder for me to leave him than it was for him to leave me. I may have been "that" parent and left and went back in about 3 times before finally leaving. It was just SO hard to actually leave him. I knew it would be emotional, but wow, I was not prepared to want to keep going back in to say bye. He was fine.... I was not! I held the tears until I got in my car, and then drove of.... to Kohl's. Retail therapy ; ) After the long 1 hour and 15 minutes he was in school for day 1, I picked him up for a day out and about with me. We hit up Target, Cheddar's for lunch (where we indulged in a delicious cookie monster dessert), grocery shopping, and a nap. It was a great day.


I'm officially a Mom to a school-aged child. Holy crap.

1 comment:

Amy said...

O-M-F-G! You blogged! I think I had to look six times when I opened my Blogger reader and saw that you posted ;-)